[Twisted-web] Fetching RSS data for my app

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Mon Apr 25 11:06:15 MDT 2005

	I hope this question doesn't fall too far out of the scope of
twisted-web, but it seems like the best place to start.

	Basically, I have an application that is a tcp server (using
service.Application and internet.TCPServer).  I'd like to additionally
have a scheduled check of some RSS feeds such that data retrieved from
the RSS feeds is saved in a sort of singleton dict I can access from
other parts of my application.

	I had thought that the ``twisted.web.monitor'' looked like a good
start, except I can't get that to compile:

% pydoc twisted.web.monitor
problem in
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/
site-packages/twisted/web/monitor.pyc - AttributeError: class
IChangeNotified has no attribute '__class__'

	Can someone give me some guidance as to what the best way to
accomplish what I think I want to accomplish is, as well as how I add
this into my application?  Thanks.

--
Dustin Sallings