[Twisted-web] nevow/stackless bugs -- patch

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Thu Sep 30 17:04:22 MDT 2004

On Sep 30, 2004, at 3:45 PM, Peter Hunt wrote:
> I've been trying to run stan on stackless when I ran into a problem
> with render methods. Stackless uses "stackless.instancemethod" instead
> of "__builtin__.instancemethod", and "stackless.function" instead of
> "__builtin__.function". Attached is a svn diff patch of the changes I
> made to __init__.py in order for stan to support stackless properly.

I think this is a serious problem with the lazy adapter registration.
Even for things that aren't __builtin__ brokenness. For example, if I
refactor and move some classes around, their module name will change.
To maintain backwards compatibility, I keep the binding in the old
module with a deprecation warning, which keeps everything happy, EXCEPT
for the lazy adapter registration. Since it keys on the full object
name, it breaks.

But, as for this patch, committed.

James