[Twisted-web] adding etag and modified arguments to twisted feedparser

Valentino Volonghi dialtone at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 18:25:10 MDT 2004

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 09:53:31 +1200, Selwyn McCracken
<selwyn.mccracken at stonebow.otago.ac.nz> wrote:
> hi,
> I am having trouble modifying the twisted-based rss aggregator from the
> python cookbook so that feedparser can make use of the update related
> arguments of 'etag' and 'modified' to save bandwith.
> (see http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/277099)

Glad to see someone found that stuff useful :).
I'm the author of that recipe.

You will also be glad to know that I already solved your problems
months ago and you can find the solution here:

Unfortunately, when I asked for addition in twisted.web Itamar
rejected because twisted.web already was on its way to deprecation.

It should work without any problems, and you should use
client.getPageCached() instead of client.getPage().

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Linux User #310274, Proud Gentoo User
Blog: http://vvolonghi.blogspot.com
Home Page: http://xoomer.virgilio.it/dialtone/