[Twisted-web] Re: [Twisted-Python] Fwd: [Twisted-commits] r11721 - revert r11685

Cory Dodt corydodt at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Sep 20 09:46:57 MDT 2004

Urgh.  I usually avoid getting involved in these discussions--not because I
don't want to participate but because the ML style does not work very well
with my brain.  There's all these different parts of this proposal and some
are being rejected by some people and modified by other people and it's very
hard for me to figure out what the whole picture is.

In this case, I have to say something because this is pretty important to the
product I'm developing.  I just spent 6 weeks doing a conversion to Nevow
because Woven isn't being supported any more.  I do *not* want to do the same
thing with Web.  I've made modifications to Twisted trunk that I was hoping to
get out of 2.0 for our official release, but if there's not going to be a web1
any more, that puts this project in jeopardy again because it means I may not
be able to use 2.0.

So here's what I have to say: please *summarize*.  I need to get a sense of:

1) Timeline.. when are changes being implemented, in what order, tied to what
release etc.
2) How is the svn repo going to change?
3) What is going to be put into what release by whom?
4) What's the impact if you're currently using web1 and you want to be using
web2 because 1 isn't supported any more?
5) What's the impact if you stay with web1?

If you haven't decided yet, go ahead and decide, but then summarize
afterwards. :-)

Thanks..