[Twisted-web] Partial freeze of nevow coming up.

Donovan Preston dp at ulaluma.com
Wed Sep 15 17:22:23 MDT 2004

I'd like to release Nevow 0.3 from SVN HEAD basically as it is right
now. It might be nice to put some warnings in the following modules
mentioning that they will be moving into web2.

On second thought, I don't think url should be in web2. The url module
is about generating URL strings mostly, so it's a function of the
renderer. Everything else I would like to be in web2.

On Sep 15, 2004, at 7:00 PM, James Y Knight wrote:

> Here's the plan. The following modules will be removed from Nevow, and
> merged/copied/whatever into twisted.web2:
> appserver.py
> static.py
> half of context.py
> dirlist.py
> failure.py
> guard.py
> static.py
> vhost.py
> url.py, perhaps.
>
> I want to create a nevow web2 integration branch, and while they are
> being removed from Nevow, and merged back into web2, I don't want the
> Nevow copy radically changing cause that just creates extra work.
>
> So if there's any changes you want to make to any of those, please do
> it soon. The rest of Nevow can continue changing during the transition
> without problem.
>
> Sidenote: Divmod needs to approve the relicensing of the code that
> moves into web2 from nevow under MIT license. Or else move all of
> Nevow under MIT license.

Moving Nevow to MIT license has already been approved. There is an
issue in our RT tracker (which unfortunately nobody else can see) for
switching to MIT license, but nobody has gotten time to do it. Anyone
with commit access who has some spare time, feel free...

dp