[Twisted-web] Diagnosing a socket leak in nevow code

Valentino Volonghi dialtone at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 09:37:41 MDT 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:18:06 -0400, Joseph Bowers
<joe at seventy-twodpi.com> wrote:
> Hey, all!
> I'm working with a release nevow (0.1) on Twisted 1.3,
> and somewhere I've introduced a socket leak.
> Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to go about debugging
> this: Does anybody have recommendations for tracking
> down this kind of error? What are common screw-ups with
> nevow code that might lead to zombie sockets?

Nevow releases before 0.3 had a bug with sessions leaking and talking
a fairly big amount of memory with many connections.

Otherwise the bug is in Twisted, since Nevow doesn't handle any
sockets at its layer.

Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now running FreeBSD 5.3-beta6
Blog: http://vvolonghi.blogspot.com