[Twisted-web] Diagnosing a socket leak in nevow code

Valentino Volonghi dialtone at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 09:37:41 MDT 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 11:18:06 -0400, Joseph Bowers
<joe at seventy-twodpi.com> wrote:
> Hey, all!
>
> I'm working with a release nevow (0.1) on Twisted 1.3,
> and somewhere I've introduced a socket leak.
>
> Unfortunately, I'm not sure how to go about debugging
> this: Does anybody have recommendations for tracking
> down this kind of error? What are common screw-ups with
> nevow code that might lead to zombie sockets?

Nevow releases before 0.3 had a bug with sessions leaking and talking
a fairly big amount of memory with many connections.

Otherwise the bug is in Twisted, since Nevow doesn't handle any
sockets at its layer.

--
Valentino Volonghi aka Dialtone
Now running FreeBSD 5.3-beta6