[Twisted-web] Re: Passing context through/around/across webform

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Wed Oct 20 10:29:51 MDT 2004

On Oct 20, 2004, at 10:04 AM, Alex Levy wrote:

> James Y Knight wrote:
>> But since I provide the list, I can guarantee that there aren't. And
>> I need the ordering. And even if there are duplicates, it's not a
>> horrible thing. It just means there'll be two entries in the menu
>> that mean the same thing. Under some conditions you might even want
>> that.
>
> For the sake of argument, I can't think of _any_ circumstances where
> I'd want two different objects associated with the same key. Can you?
> How would you go about determining which object was actually chosen?

Well, I think it's a silly thing to argue about since the most
important part is the ordering. The ability to have duplicates kinda
just falls out of that. But, here goes, anyways. Two strings, presented
to the user, with the same meaning. You wouldn't determine which was
chosen, what with them having the same meaning and all.

This example has two sets of duplicate keys, just for extra points.
United States of America shows up in the alphabetized list, and in a
separate section at the top. The blank entry shows up first, and
between the initial countries and the rest.

Choose your Country:

   USA [United States of America]
   Canada

   Afganistan