[Twisted-web] Sub-tag level templating in Nevow: possible?

Mary Gardiner mary-twisted at puzzling.org
Sun Oct 10 13:44:45 MDT 2004

I have a use-case for sub-tag level templating in Nevow.

Imagine that for some reason I have a list of categories that I want to
link to. I might want to link to them like this:

Or I might want to link to them like this:

As best I can tell, the only way to do this is by changing a render_
method to be either:

    render_atag(self, ctx, data):
        return ctx.tag(href=data)[data]

or

    render_atag(self, ctx, data):
        return ctx.tag(href=data)["Category: " + data]

I'd prefer to specify it in an HTML template rather than the Python code for
various reasons (for starters, it isn't "business logic", it's a design
choice). Is there any way to do that?

-Mary