[Twisted-web] Add fromContext to nevow.url and add a warning to fromRequest

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Tue Nov 9 05:20:05 MST 2004

Hi,

I've mentioned this issue but I find some of the nevow.url module
non-obvious mostly because of naming. fromRequest is one of the methods
I dislike because its name implies (to me, at least) that it will build
a URI that matches the request but it actually uses the prepath.

Attached is an initial patch (i.e. not tested) that adds a fromContext
class method and displays a warning for fromRequest. My intention is to
change fromRequest sometime in the future so it builds a URL from
request.uri.

What do you all think of this change?

Cheers, Matt

--
     __
    /  \__     Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
  __/  \__/    e: matt at pollenation.net
 /  \__/  \    t: +44 (0)113 2252500
 /  \          Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily
 \__/          reflect the views of my employer.