[Twisted-web] Re: rendering sub-Pages in nevow (probable bug)

Matt Goodall matt at pollenation.net
Tue May 4 03:48:03 MDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-05-04 at 10:16, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> Lì lunedì, 2004/05/03 alle 15:15, -0400, Alex Levy ha scritto:
> > On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 09:18, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> > > Hi *,
> > >
> > > I am using nevow 0.1 so if this has been fixed/is a know problem just
> > > redirect me to the right resource.
> > >
> > > Apparently it is possible to serve a Page instance from a render_XXX
> > > method if it is implemented as a rend.stan docFactory but not if it
> > > tries to load a template from disk (rend.htmlfile). i.e., the following
> > > code (add some imports, etc.) works [...]
>
> Hi *,
>
> the problem has been solved on irc and i report here because i hate to
> search, find something in a ML archive and then nothing. empty. void. :)
>
> it was a problem with data not being correctly set (i had a mismatched
> data_xxx/nevow:data="Xxx" function). the right behaviour would have been
> to raise an error, not enter infinite recursion. fzzzy or gm helped me a
> lot and will fix it, i think. in the meantime check your "data". :)

It was mg actually. I'm 100% natural ;-)

I added a test to trunk for the missing data problem and marked it as
skipped as it passes in the freeform-patterned branch. I later realised
that the test does not test the mispelled nevow:data attribute problem.
That problem occurs in trunk and the branch. I will add another test
later.

Cheers, Matt

--
     __
    /  \__     Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
  __/  \__/    e: matt at pollenation.net
 /  \__/  \    t: +44 (0)113 2252500
 /  \          Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily
 \__/          reflect the views of my employer.