[Twisted-web] Error Reporting Color Schema in the browser

Sergio Trejo serj_trejo at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 28 08:33:44 MDT 2004

I really like the way the Twisted Web server displays errors from the Python
interpreter in a browser (such as when I call a .rpy script that has an
error in it). This is really well done in my opinion and it helps train the
eye of the developer to rapidly look for errors in certain places based on
the colors such as:

  div.function {
      background: orange;
      font-weight: bold;
      float: left;
    }

I searched in the soruce and installation trees for a standalone css
document but I couldn't find one (appears to be generated dynamically from
what I can discern from the HTML source). I was wondering if the authors of
Twisted-Web chose their color schemas for displaying run-time errors based
on a particular logic, or if the color were chosen arbitrarily? It might be
fun to play with the css colors to tweak them or come up with some really
funky "skins".

Serg