[Twisted-web] Re: Authentication with twisted.web

Paul Moore twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 23:17:26 +0000

Donovan Preston <dp@divmod.org> writes:

> On Jan 29, 2004, at 10:48 AM, Alex Levy wrote:
>
>> A Google search for "site:twistedmatrix.com basic http authentication"
>> turns up a number of useful links, but until Pyramid's back on its
>> feet,
>> you've got to go cache-hunting.

Cool. Thanks, Alex. I couldn't get the right terms to google with
(authorisation rather than authentication :-() Must get more sleep...

> Just to let you know, Glyph also added basic http authentication login
> support to nevow.guard the other day, for Quotient. I think all you
> have to do is, on your ANONYMOUS resource, set the response code to
> UNAUTHORIZED. When the user provides a username and password, those
> credentials are passed to your realm. Maybe glyph can shed more light,
> but I don't think he is on this list. I'll ask him about it.

That sounds good. I'll keep this for later perusal. (When I get my
head round nevow).

Paul
--
This signature intentionally left blank