[Twisted-web] Authentication with twisted.web

Paul Moore twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:36:25 +0000 (UTC)

I want to build a web application which requires users to log on. I'm happy
building the user authentication side of things, but I'm not sure how to get
the site to require authentication. I'm looking for what I think is "Basic"
authentication - the one that causes the browser to pop up an "enter username
and password" dialog box. I know that I could design my own front page form, to
allow the user to enter a username directly, but that's not what I want here.

Is this possible? (I'm sure it is, I just can't find what I should be looking
for in the docs!)

Thanks,
Paul.