[Twisted-web] Page navigation: a cry for help

Christopher Armstrong twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 17:39:19 -0500

--------------enig7520D5ADBD6327B9E02A727B

Michal Pasternak wrote:
> The basic question is: if I have website, and that website's structure is
> tree-like, how will be the most proper way to create navigation?

> Do you have any methods or solutions for a good, easy woven page navigation
> model?

What kind of storage are you using? If it's a filesystem that mirrors
the URL structure, you could just look up a modified request.prepath in
your file system and look at sibling pages.

The moral of the story is that it depends on your storage mechanism.
Where is the canonical location of your tree of pages? It's most likely
that your data source will somehow be "keyed" by information that's
available in request.prepath, whether it's keyed by actual paths or just
one of the elements in the prepath, or whatever.

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/