[Twisted-web] support for other languages in newov

Christopher Armstrong twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Thu, 15 Jan 2004 20:03:52 -0500

--------------enigB722A8877D9E94BF4112AE0F

Mike Mueller wrote:
> At 09:02 15.01.2004 +0100, Michal wrote:
>> It's really nice. Any particular reasons you didn't use gettext?
>
> Just that I didn't know that it exists. Well, I didn't look for it.
> After looking at it, the problem is that gettext assumes that there is a
> global language that is valid for the the whole application at any given
> point in time.
> I would like to have two (or more) languages at the same time. Depending
> on the preferred language of the current visitor, each session has "its"
> language.

You sure about that? I'm certain I remember a conversation where someone
else said the same thing, but was successfully told otherwise (with an
explanation). I don't remember the details, but maybe someone else does
(or you'll notice them if you look deeper ;)

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/