[Twisted-web] NEWBIE: how to use only the networking core of twisted-web?

Michal Pasternak twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 18:33:00 +0100

dave giffin [Sat, Jan 10, 2004 at 10:01:47AM -0800]:
> I'm looking for a web server that uses threads (which
> I think twisted-web does),

Twisted Web doesn't use threads.

There are some reasons for that, I think that some of them are already
described at http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2002/11/18/22112/860

> but I want to use just the
> HTTP server core of it, not the part that handles the
> file locating, opening and the executing of python
> scripts (the part that deals with .rpy scripts which
> have to import certain classes).

Twisted Web is highly customizable, so I think you won't have really big
problems with customizing it to a certain configuration. Basically speaking,
you don't have to use RPY scripts at all.