[Twisted-web] NEWBIE: how to use only the networking core of twisted-web?

dave giffin twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 00:19:31 -0800 (PST)

I am currently running a web application on Medusa. I
wrote the request handling functions my self b/c I
needed to do make my web application work the way I
wanted.

I'm having problems with Medusa though, because Medusa
(which uses the 'select' syscal) locks up on each
request, which is fine for quick/simple file serving,
but with some recent additions to my software, the
delays in processing scripts have increased and medusa
no longer serves my needs.

I'm looking for a web server that uses threads (which
I think twisted-web does), but I want to use just the
HTTP server core of it, not the part that handles the
file locating, opening and the executing of python
scripts (the part that deals with .rpy scripts which
have to import certain classes).

I just want to move my software from medusa to
twisted-web, so I need to know which function is
called when a request is recieved.

This way, I should be able to switch easily.

:)