[Twisted-web] freeform: Getting default field values for autocallable methods

Gavrie Philipson twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Thu, 01 Jan 2004 17:15:42 +0200

Hi,

When defining a form with attributes that are handled by freeform, the
default values of the form are automatically filled in with the current
values of the attributes.

However, when using an autocallable method which takes parameters, there
seems to be no way to supply default values for the fields.

I'll elaborate a bit more on this by providing an example:
Say that I want to show a form with the current values of a database
record. Then, when the user submits the form, I want to update the
record using the changed values that the user entered.
It seems that using an autocallable is the correct way to do this.
However, how do the original values from the database get to the form
fields?

Thanks,

-- Gavrie.