[Twisted-web] twisted.internet.error.CannotListenError

Peter Stradinger twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Sun, 15 Feb 2004 14:47:28 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Twisted and trying to get a twisted reactor to work with wxPython.  I'm trying
the perspective broker examples, and when I try to do:
    def OnFileitems0Menu(self, event):
        self.Close(true)
        reactor.stop()

It shuts down the program fine, but then when I try to run it again I get:

twisted.internet.error.CannotListenError: Couldn't listen on any:8800: (10048, 'Address already in
use').

As an error.  I can manually stop the process and then it will work again, but I don't know how to
release the port when I shut down the program.

Am I missing something obvious?  A search of the archives hasn't shown me any way out.

Peter