[Twisted-web] RE: Writing a web application - how to make twisted/nevow "look good"

Matt Goodall twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:17:11 +0000

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 03:49, Alex Levy wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 18:36, Joel Boehland wrote:
> > Anyhow, I like the idea of some sort of widget library or catalog.
>
> I'm all for it;

Me too! The idea of widgets/components is something I've had in the back
of my mind since I discovered Nevow. Components are not as easy to do
with nevow.renderer as they should be but that's an implementation
detail and can be fixed. In fact, the experimental rend module (in the
Nevow tracker) already helps.

> the trick is making them general-purpose enough that
> people can still use them, but not making them too overbroad (so that
> they're tough to figure out or too clunky to implement).

Agreed.

Other than the API itself, the most obvious thing is to make sure there
is a default stylesheet with the widget but that it can be replaced by
the application.

> Most importantly, have you put your code up anywhere yet? :)

For now, why not put the code in the Nevow wiki,
http://divmod.org/users/slyphon.twistd/nevow/moin.cgi/ , and use a
category to group them.

Cheers, Matt

--
Matt Goodall, Pollenation Internet Ltd
w: http://www.pollenation.net

Any views expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect the
views of my employer.