[Twisted-web] adbapi/Nevow Question

orbitz orbitz at ezabel.com
Wed Dec 29 12:39:52 MST 2004

You define a data method, and for that data you tell it to use the
sequence renderer.  Your data method will just perform the query and
return it as a result (nevow handles deferreds properly).  Then in your
table for each row you simply tell that row to use the index in the data
which you want in there. 0, 1, 2, etc. The only issue may be what
db-api2 module you are using. pyscopg for postgresql works well,
otherwise you'll get a cannot adapt error or something like that.
Here is an example with xmlfile:

  def data_departments(self, context, data):
    db = DatabaseConnection()
    return db.runQuery("""SELECT did, name FROM departments""")

<select name = "department" nevow:data = "departments" nevow:render =
"sequence">
<option nevow:pattern = "header" value = "depsel" selected
="selected">Select Department</option>
<option nevow:pattern = "item"><nevow:attr name = "value" nevow:render =
"string" nevow:data = "0"/>
<nevow:invisible nevow:render = "string" nevow:data = "1"/> </option>
            </select></p>