[Twisted-web] loaders.xmlstr versus loader.xmlfile

Michael Wilson michael.wilson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 20:46:54 MST 2004

If I have a form definition like the one in customform.py:

FORM = loaders.xmlstr(
    """<?xml version="1.0"?>
      <form xmlns:n="http://nevow.com/ns/nevow/0.1"
n:pattern="freeform-form">
      <!-- Replace/fill the form attributes -->
      <n:attr name="action"><n:slot name="form-action"/></n:attr>

Shouldn't I be able to put it into a file and replace
"loaders.xmlstr(...)' with "loaders.xmlfile(...)" and have it act
exactly the same?

I thought so to, but when I do that, the form now acts like a formless
-- all of the information in FORM above is ignored.

I thought it was a problem with the file name, so I tried .html, .xml,
.xhtml, and they all produced the same results.

I've looked at the docs and the code, and I can't see why it might be
doing this.

Thanks!