[Twisted-web] page with fragment keeps failing after correcting error in fragment

Andrea Arcangeli andrea at cpushare.com
Sat Dec 4 10:43:17 MST 2004

I'm using nevow/twisted/python all from latest SVN/CVS.

In short I've a rend.Fragment like this:

class fragment(rend.Fragment):
	docFactory = loaders.xmlfile('xml/somefragment.xml', ignoreDocType = True)

then I've some other page rendering the fragment inside:

class basepage_class(rend.Page):
	def render_fragment(self, ctx, data):
		return fragment()

So far so good, problem is that if I insert an xml syntax error in the
fragment, I've to restart the server, or it never notices when I
corrected it. I'm not sure if this is intentional.

If you insert </p></p> into xml/somefragment.xml and you reload, you'll
get the error. Then you delete the bogus string, and another error
remains.