[Twisted-web] Unwinding the Twisted Web (a progress report)

James Y Knight foom at fuhm.net
Thu Apr 22 16:09:07 MDT 2004

So a few things:
- I think we should dump woven.
- What is our compatibility story with old twisted-web? Now is a good
time to make a break, so I think it should be done. By that I mean,
new-twisted-web would not guarantee 100% backwards compatibleness with
the old API. If you want 100% old API, use the old code. Wrappers
*should* be provided for some normally called methods on
Resource/Request such that much of people's old code will work, if it's
doing normal resourcish stuff and not trying to be tricksy.
- So, should a final release of OldTwistedWeb be done so people can
keep updating to newer versions of twisted core and leave old twisted
web alone?

James