[Twisted-web] A few questions need answering

David Reid dreid at dreid.org
Tue Apr 20 15:52:26 MDT 2004

My personal ideas:

1) Don't touch twisted.web, just leave it there, it's a perfectly fine
useable webserver, don't add deprecation warnings until the new
twisted.web is considered stable.

2) Backport some of the nicer parts of the Nevow API (locateChild and
child_XXX methods as opposed to getChild, getDefaultChild,
getChildWithDefault, etc.)  Wether or not the old api will still be
there I haven't really thought about, I'm really not as concerned with
backwards compatibility as others are, but if it's the consensus of the
people working on the split that backwards compatibility is in issue
it'll be maintained.  Atleast for a few versions

The way I see it is the backporting is part of the stabilizing the
current Nevow API.

3) I don't know when all this will be happening, I'm working on
backports as we speak but nothing has been done to formalize the effort,
no repositories set up no web pages, etc ...

I'm not even sure how I came to be the guy-who-is-doing-this I'm not a
twisted developer, I'm not a Nevow developer, I'm just a very frustrated
programmer who tried to generate discussion, and somehow started
actually working on it.