[Twisted-web] Apache and Twisted

Christopher Armstrong radix at twistedmatrix.com
Mon Apr 19 18:04:10 MDT 2004

Mark Harrison wrote:
>> Is there a fix for vhostmonster dreid?
>>
>> That proxypass technique doesn't give my pastebin very good URLs.
>

> Forgive me if I'm being a little clueless here (I've not used
> vhostmonster and have just read about what it is), but what problems are
> there when you use the ProxyPassReverse directive in apache to deal with
> the redirects etc. and use relative (or relative to site root) links in
> any pages you generate? I'm assuming here that vhostmonster also
> rewrites links in pages before sending them to the client.
>
> The reason I'm asking is that is what I am doing now, and haven't
> noticed any problems (yet!). Is there anything else I should be looking
> out for?

Indeed, there is no problem if all of your resources use relative links.

However, if they generate absolute links, which many apps do (:-(),
VHostMonster is to the rescue. It replaces stuff like the hostname in
the request object with the 'external' one, so when code builds URLs
with it, they're externally referenceable.

But VHostMonster reportedly doesn't work with Nevow, yet.

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/