[Twisted-web] Apache and Twisted

Mark Harrison mivok at mivok.net
Fri Apr 16 17:52:41 MDT 2004

> Is there any documentation/advice on how to run Twisted apps
> behind/alongside Apache?

The project I'm currently working on has the setup you are looking for.
The solution is to run the twisted app as normal and use mod_proxy to
get apache to forward any requests to it. The apache VirtualHost
configuration directive I'm using at the moment is as follows:

<VirtualHost *>
	ServerAdmin you at wherever.com
	ServerName virtualhostname.domain.com

	ProxyVia On
	ProxyPass /
	ProxyPassReverse /

This is assuming the twisted app is running on port 8765. I also have a
few other items in the configuration file related to preventing caching
of pages, but the above should get you able to access the twisted app
via a virtual host on port 80.

   -=<[ Mark Harrison ]-[ Email: mark at mivok.net ]-[ Jabber:
mivok at mivok.net ]>=-
                       -=<[ Web: http://www.mivok.net/ ]>=-