[Twisted-web] Splitting twisted-web from core twisted.

Stephen Thorne stephen at thorne.id.au
Thu Apr 15 17:31:29 MDT 2004

On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 11:57:13AM -0700, David Reid wrote:
> > Sure, nevow (the templating part only) can be in a separate module
> > (newtwistedweb.nevow, say), but I'm not sure it's good to separate
> > them completely.
>
> Yes that was my thinking also, because supporting modular rendering
> engines is useless unless you provide a default that makes the system
> generally useable.

My thinking is this.

1) Generalise t.web so we have a simple API that we can plug an arbitary
rendering engine onto.

2) Refactor all rendering engines so they confirm to a single API, so
that one rendering engine can invoke another rendering engine without
knowing anything about it.

3) Profit.

Stephen.