[Twisted-web] Splitting twisted-web from core twisted.

David Reid dreid at dreid.org
Thu Apr 15 12:05:42 MDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 09:37, Thomas Mangin wrote:
> > It's been pointed out before that twisted.web is an app server, not a
> > protocol implementation, and thus there is justification for moving it
> > outside of Twisted. What do the gurus think?
>
> I will risk a modest outsider point of view - I am /not/ a twisted guru but I hope this does not reduce the value of my opinion.

I'm not a twisted guru either, but after trying to shoehorn distrib into
Nevow i've come to the conclusion that a split of all 3 technologoies
(framework, webserver and complex magical rendering engine) should
happen sooner rather than later, and everyone who currently Knows Enough
(TM) to do it is busy on other things, so I'm taking the proverbial bull
by the horns and trying to get it done.

Integration of Nevow into twisted-web is a bad idea in my opinion for
reasons I've mentioned in previous emails (see my reply to Alex Levy)
So that probably won't happen unless someone can change my mind, and
Nevow is definitely never going to be part of core twisted as radix
pointed out.