[Twisted-web] Splitting twisted-web from core twisted.

Alex Levy mesozoic at polynode.com
Thu Apr 15 08:37:10 MDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-04-15 at 06:47, David Reid wrote:
> Not Concerns of a split:
>
> * Backwards compatibility.

Just to clarify: you don't mean changing twisted.web to break
backwards-compatibility, but instead mean that apps written for
twisted.web will not always work with this new module. Correct?

I don't see a major problem with splitting code, as long as the old
twisted.web and twisted.web.woven modules remain (so that people can
continue to use applications that've already been written).

It's been pointed out before that twisted.web is an app server, not a
protocol implementation, and thus there is justification for moving it
outside of Twisted. What do the gurus think?

> Right now I make $6.75US/hr and go to school 2 days a week, i have
> probably as much free time as anyone else and I really really want
> this stuff to work.

I'm graduating in a month, with no job, so I may have a hell of a lot of
time to spend on this soon. :)

--
Alex Levy
WWW: http://mesozoic.geecs.org/

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
-- Salvor Hardin, Isaac Asimov's _Foundation_