[Twisted-web] Need help implementing WebDAV

Christopher Armstrong twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:16:44 -0500

--------------enig6BB1F4341E2919EC4822F622

Thorsten Henninger wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I need some help implementing the WebDAV protocoll for Twisted.Web.
> If  one implements WebDAV using Python's BaseHTTPServer, one has to
> specify a RequestHandler by subclassing
> BaseHTTPServer.BaseHTTPRequestHandler. The implementation of the WebDAV
> protocoll is then straight-forward.
>
> I do not understand, how to solve this with twisted web.
> My first guess is, that I have to do something similar as done in
> Twisted.web.xmlrpc ?
> And how to I implement the protocoll? do I have to inherit from
> twisted.protocols.http?

No, xmlrpc isn't involved at all, and I don't _think_ you need to
subclass the http protocol. Mostly it will involve writing a
twisted.web.resource.Resource subclass that handles all the various
WebDAV Methods in its render(request) method. You will have to learn a
lot about the request object, which is defined in
twisted.web.server.Request (it subclasses twisted.protocols.http.Request).

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/