[Twisted-web] subtle copying in woven driving me crazy.

Christopher Armstrong twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Sun, 21 Dec 2003 04:41:36 -0500

--------------enigE60C73131108C5F225734516

Douglas Bagnall wrote:
> I thought it was reasonable to give my player storing object a
> requestAvatarId method and call it a checker, and it seemed to work
> until it was found that new players couldn't log in.  Eventually I
> discovered that:

> gives two different numbers.

 > Similarly:

> gives two different id numbers!

twisted.web (and Twisted in general) isn't doing any copying of your
credential checkers or your Resources. Can you show the code that's
instantiating SomePage and Checker, and a little more context in
general? You're probably confused about how often this code is being called.

---------+           http://radix.twistedmatrix.com/