[Twisted-web] Twisted Web behind Apache

Alex Levy twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:32:33 -0500

--=-Fae4azp7wcAV4yhHCTg6

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 00:29, Michal Pasternak wrote:
> where can I find documentation on setting up a Twisted Web server behind
> Apache? I googled a bit, but I didn't find anything official / suggested.

I was doing this for a while, way back when I was too chicken to just
actually run Twisted.Web ;)

I set up Twisted.Web to run on port 8088, then used Apache's mod_rewrite
and mod_proxy to say, "If any requests come in for /foo/(.*), rewrite
this to http://myserver:8088/$1". I can't remember the exact syntax for
the rewrite rules, but it only took a couple lines. You use the internal
proxy, so for the user, the fact that you've got two web servers is
totally transparent.

Hope this helps.

--=20
Alex Levy
WWW: http://mesozoic.geecs.org

"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
-- Salvor Hardin, Isaac Asimov's _Foundation_

--=-Fae4azp7wcAV4yhHCTg6

--=-Fae4azp7wcAV4yhHCTg6--