[Twisted-web] Should an error hang the server? - MORE INFO

Greg Lappen twisted-web@twistedmatrix.com
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:56:58 -0500

Ok, I debugged this a little more...

What happens is that an exception occurs in my view factory method on
my page.  The first time I hit the URL with my browser, I see the stack
trace in the log file and the stack trace in the failure page.  The
second time i hit it, the exception occurs again in my view factory
method, but the stack trace is never shown in the log file, and the
failure page never comes back.  Instead, the browser waits until it
times out for a response.  For some reason, the exception in the 2nd
request is never propagated back up the call stack or written to the
failure page.  I traced it as far as View.renderFailure, which is
executed, but I can't understand the code enough to trace is further.

Does anyone have an idea what's happening?

Greg