[Twisted-Python] Buildmaster is down

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Sun Mar 18 05:43:49 MDT 2018

On 18 March 2018 at 04:56, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

>> On Mar 17, 2018, at 11:16 AM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Today, I tried to reconfigure the Buildbot master from braid/master
>> and it failed.

[snip]

> I don't believe the issue was changes made outside Braid; based on the failure mode it looks to me like you had an out-of-date or edited twisted-infra-secret repo.  Please be sure to git fetch (git reset --hard origin/master ; git secret reveal) before doing anything in prod.

Thanks. `git secret reveal` was the issue on my side.
I knew about git secret, but I was expecting that there will be a
warning when the decrypted version is out of sync at pull.

There is `fab config.production buildbot.reconfigure` which should
just touch the configuration, without updating the virtualenv.
Usually this is much faster.

Thanks again for the fix, my bad for getting into this!
Adi