[Twisted-Python] Drop support for Python 3.3

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Wed Jan 3 14:24:03 MST 2018

On Wed, Dec 27, 2017 at 1:02 PM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

> On 18 December 2017 at 01:18, Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc at crodrigues.org>
wrote:
> > I submitted this patch to drop support for Python 3.3:
> >
> > https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/943
> >

> > 1.  Python 3.3 was declared EOL on Sep. 29, 2017
> > 2.  In terms of major Linux distributions, Python 3.4 came with Python
3.4
> > is in Debian 8, Ubuntu 14.04, Fedora 21
> >
> > So after this patch, Twisted would run on:
> >
> > Python 2.7 and Python 3.4+
>
> +1  for removing python 3.3
>
> But as commented in the PR, I would like to see this removed after the
> next release, so that we don't have to change the release notes for
> 17.9.0
> That is 18.X.X should be the last release to support 3.4

When Python 2.6 support was dropped, the NEWS.rst was modified after the
fact in this:

http://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8651

That's why I modified NEWS.rst in this commit as well.

Since dropping a Python version happens so infrequently, I thought this was
OK to modify NEWS.rst here, since it has been done before.

--
Craig