[Twisted-Python] Changing procmon.ProcessMonitor.processes

Moshe Zadka zadka.moshe at gmail.com
Tue Sep 19 08:49:39 MDT 2017

On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 3:51 AM ex vito <ex.vitorino at gmail.com> wrote:

> Other than that, again, per that section's rules, not being a commiter
> myself, I'm in no position to approve such a change. I wonder, however, how
> "urgent" such a final change is to you and why a deprecation cycle does not
> fit your purpose (even though, admittedly, it may represent more effort).

I think that between the low likelihood that someone went crawling over the
attributes manually, the RoI of having a deprecation cycle with some
intermediate solution that later needs to be cleaned up, and the fact that
this would be a clean break (i.e., "AttributeError") rather than some
obscure error, I am at least interested in opinions about going the
exception route.

ProcMon is non-trivial to productionize, and I'm not aware of anyone even
using it in production, other than me, let alone crawling over its internal
state.

Moshe Z.