[Twisted-Python] Twisted 17.9.0 Release Candidate Announcement

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Tue Sep 5 10:30:49 MDT 2017

Can you or another Twisted developer code review this:
https://github.com/twisted/twisted/pull/867

The problem was originally reported to Buildbot by Christian Wenk who tried
to configure his buildbot, and couldn't send notification e-mails
when non-ASCII characters were in the sender name.

I worked on the fix, which was tested and verified by Christian.
Pierre Tardy did an initial code review, but wants to have
another person do an additional code review.

This problem also affects the Scrapy project, which uses Twisted for
sending e-mail.

This problem is coming up more frequently, especially with CI systems like
GitHub and GitLab which allow non-ASCII characters in the username portion
of e-mail addresses.

I'd like to get this fix into 17.9.0.

Thanks.

--