[Twisted-Python] overview: new review queue venue

Craig Rodrigues rodrigc at crodrigues.org
Sun May 22 00:42:50 MDT 2016

On Sat, May 21, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> I realize it can feel like that sometimes, but Google Analytics suggests
> the large majority of our visitors (45%) are on Windows.  By contrast,
> 0.05% are on FreeBSD.  Granted, that's a *very *high percentage of
> FreeBSD clients for the Internet at large, but nevertheless, I think your
> perspective may be slightly statistically skewed.

Isn't Google Analytics just telling you what type of OS + web browser is
being used to access the twistedmatrix.com web site?
That isn't the same as telling you who actually uses Twisted in a project
or a piece of code.

Unfortunately, FreeBSD isn't well represented in the third party CI systems
out there such as Travis.
It would be nice if it was, but it isn't.  That's a judgment call that the
Twisted project needs to make whether
to support its own buildbots or not, in order to support configurations not
supported by third party CI systems.

--
Craig