[Twisted-Python] Responding to PRs

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Wed Jun 22 09:28:50 MDT 2016

On 14 June 2016 at 05:24, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:

> I'm the owner of txghbot.  I hope it ends up being useful for Twisted!
>

> I strongly suspect that it will be the official solution.  Thanks so much
> for doing this - the existence of this code is a structural expression of
> the setup process which short-circuits me needing to read and process all
> the developer documentation ;).

I am trying to work on GitHub <-> Buildbot intergration (2 ways) and for
doing this we will end up with something like a "bot" running
inside/alongside Buildbot and triggering builds based on webhooks.

We will also have another "bot" inside buildbot which will POST Commit
Status requests to GitHub.

Now, my questions are:

* Do we need an external txghbot ?
* Can we integrate all the webhook logic inside the buildbot hook handler
or inside the txghbot?

By integrating all webhooks handlers in a single place, for me it will be
easier to discover everything which is linked of triggered by webhooks.

Cheers,
Adi

PS: GitHub <-> Buildbot integration will follow soon after this PR will be
reviewed and approved https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/pull/205 :)