[Twisted-Python] two minor things

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Wed Jun 22 02:05:07 MDT 2016

> On Jun 21, 2016, at 13:01, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
>

> On 21 June 2016 at 20:07, Glyph <glyph at twistedmatrix.com <mailto:glyph at twistedmatrix.com>> wrote:
> 2. The branch-naming convention puts the ticket number at the _end_ of the branch name.
>
> For example, foo-1234, not 1234-foo.  If we re-add the automation to recognize branch names and update the 'branch' field in trac, getting this consistent will be important.
>

> AFAIK we agreed that 1234-foo is a better convention... but just that with the SVN to Git migration we did nothing.
>
> I was the one pushing for this change, and to my defense, Amber was also happy with the change.
>
> I hope that when we add the automation, it will work with both methods... but hopefully people will prefer 1234.
>
> For me is easier to auto-complete branches based on id.

If we are going to change this, I would really appreciate it if someone in favor of the change would write a script to re-name the literally thousands of outstanding branches to the new convention, so we don't have a random mix.  Luckily git makes this considerably more light weight, since it just changes the name of the pointer and doesn't create new revisions :-).

-glyph