[Twisted-Python] removing twistedchecker buildbot for the time being

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Wed Jul 20 01:37:56 MDT 2016

On 13 July 2016 at 01:27, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:

> On 13 July 2016 at 00:37, Glyph Lefkowitz <glyph at twistedmatrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Right now it seems the difference-computation logic on the twistedchecker
>> buildbot has just broken completely.  It's introducing useless noise into
>> the build results because it makes every actually-passing build into a big
>> red 'X' on the pull request status page.  I think I'm going to remove it.
>> Any objections?
>>

> 1. Maybe use the --diff option on Buildbot.
>
> 2. We can move it to Travis based on the --diff option, ticket pending
> review https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8572
> And if we move to Travis, get rid of tox-travis so that we can have
> multiple jobs for the same python version,
> https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8535
>
> ----------
>
> I am +1 for removing the buildbot specific logic and allow to run a diff
> on the local branch, so that it is much easier to work on improving the
> diff functionality.

The twistechecker buildbot builder was removed  ... as for a short time we
had twistechecker running on Travis-CI

For more details see https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8572

twistedchecker --diff needs to be improved --
https://github.com/twisted/twistedchecker/issues

Has anyone used https://pypi.python.org/pypi/diff_cover  ?

Since twistedchecker is based on pylint I was thinking that maybe we can
reuse that code :)

--
Adi Roiban