[Twisted-Python] Twisted tests on public CI

Adi Roiban adi at roiban.ro
Wed Jul 20 12:59:18 MDT 2016

Hi,

We now have Ubuntu / Windows Server and OS X running Twisted tests for each
PR, using Travis-CI and Appveyor

Non-`Twisted GitHub Team` members can now run a pretty extensive test suite
for commits associated with a PR.

The coverage report is 90.52% (+/- 0.01%) just by running tests on the
public CI.
As far as I can tell this is better than what we get with Buildbot builders
(since we no longer have BSD slaves and Win7 coverage reporter is broken
and Win2012 slave was removed)

Some tests on Appveyor are still failing. Help here is much appreciated.

We also got some tests failing on OS X but Amber has already started
working to fix them https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/8639

OS X tests results will not block for now a merge, but you will have to
wait for the OS X results. In this way we can see how much longer does a
test run takes, now that we also have OS X.

Appveyor was pretty fast in the last days... after the move to Rackspace.

Travis-CI was a bit slow on the free queue... not sure how fast is the
payed queue :)

Please report any issues here or on Twisted Infrastructure tracker
https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/issues

Regards,
--
Adi Roiban