[Twisted-Python] operations: baby steps. buildbot move?

Tom Prince tom.prince at ualberta.net
Mon Feb 1 21:38:41 MST 2016

Amber "Hawkie" Brown <hawkowl at atleastfornow.net> writes:

>> It looks to me like the thing I need to do is 'fab config.production buildbot.stop; fab config.production buildbot.dump', then make the relevant DNS change.  At this point I think I need to add a new environment to ENVIRONMENTS and do 'fab config.buildbot buildbot.dump'.  It's not obvious to me how to have two hosts present in 'config.production' but if somebody knows this please let me know.
>
> I think "config.production" is a bit of a eh name to have after, we should change it if we have more machines. Eg. config.prod-dornkirk, or whatever. Then we just need to write what goes where.

I actually originally included some code to support having different
machines for different services in the same environment. `t-names' is
configured this way, although it runs on the same host.
https://github.com/twisted-infra/braid/compare/buildbot-migration-poc
is an untested change to make buildbot use a potentially different host.

  Tom