[Twisted-Python] ANN: Eliot 0.9, the logging system with causality - now with journald support

Itamar Turner-Trauring itamar at itamarst.org
Sat Oct 10 07:44:12 MDT 2015

On 2015-10-08 19:38, Glyph Lefkowitz wrote:

> Does Eliot make use of the new logging system at all?  If not, is there anything that might make Eliot's Twisted backend easier to maintain if we added it?  Just kind of curious about adoption of those new APIs in the world of logging...

For Flocker we have a Twisted->Eliot gateway based on the old logging
API. Eventually that'll get moved into Eliot and I guess at that point
it'd make sense to switch to new API but haven't really looked at it.
Might be able to get structured info at that point which'd be nice.

I should steal some ideas from the new system, but at this point I
consider anything that doesn't log actions as legacy logging so I don't
personally write anything that *emits* logs with the new Twisted API.