[Twisted-Python] Migration to Git / GitHub

Donald Stufft donald at stufft.io
Tue Nov 17 10:52:48 MST 2015

> On Nov 17, 2015, at 11:57 AM, Adi Roiban <adi at roiban.ro> wrote:
>
> All cloud based API don't allow us to impersonate users, so we will
> lose the author information.
>
> This is one reason why I started this conversation.
>
> If you know how we can migrate to GitHub issues or GitLab or any other
> bug track system without losing data please let us know.

I don’t disagree with the decision to not move to GitHub issues, however
if you wanted to you could do what Golang did to minimize the data loss.
They emailed prior participants to their bug tracker to ask them to grant
their migration app an OAuth grant to post messages in their name. Anyone
who did got the correct user account associated with their messages, and
anyone who didn’t got the catch all golang migration bot.

Donald Stufft