[Twisted-Python] INCOMPATIBLE CHANGE: removing dependency on PyCrypto

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Sun Nov 1 00:16:32 MDT 2015

There are a few places within Conch which currently export PyCrypto objects as part of a public interface in Twisted.

These include:
twisted.conch.ssh.keys.Key.keyObject
twisted.conch.ssh.keys.objectType
I'm working on a ticket - https://twistedmatrix.com/trac/ticket/7413 - to eliminate the dependency on PyCrypto.  Right now, in that branch, those objects are Cryptography key objects instead of PyCrypto key objects.

It is possible to preserve compatibility with keyObject, and we could deprecate and then remove objectType, with conditional dependencies on PyCrypto.  But before I go through the effort there, I'm wondering if any users of conch actually care.

-glyph