[Twisted-Python] Proposal -- Code of Conduct

Moshe Zadka zadka.moshe at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 12:06:13 MDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I am sure everyone understands that the Twisted community would love more
diversity. While it is hard to achieve, it should be easy to remove one of
the obvious blockers -- making underrepresented groups feel more welcome.

I think, and hope, that our IRC channel, our issue system and mailing list
have been a friendly, pleasant place. This is an attempt to clarify what we
mean by a "friendly, pleasant place".

After some discussion on IRC, I volunteered to write up a Code of Conduct
for Twisted. It is mostly an adaptation of Django's CoC -- I think Django
has a nice track record of commitment to diversity, and, of course, we
expect our communities to overlap.

My current draft, including instructions on how to build it, is in
https://github.com/moshez/twisted-coc . I have intentionally not made the
built documents available, in an attempt to avoid someone picking them up
before they're approved by us.

Please respond if there are any concerns about the wording, anything that I
missed and anything you think does not belong there. I hope we can achieve
consensus, and have the Project Leadership Committee approve this
(including approving the current committee -- I've volunteered to chair it,
and Glyph and Amber (HawkOwl) have graciously agreed to be on it.)

Thanks,
Moshe Z.