[Twisted-Python] Making sense of buildbot problem log

Glyph glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Fri Feb 6 19:00:33 MST 2015

> On Feb 6, 2015, at 4:16 PM, exarkun at twistedmatrix.com wrote:
>
> On 6 Feb, 07:35 am, adi at roiban.ro wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I got this "problem" log in builbot
>>
>> https://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/osx10.6-py2.6-select/builds/4868/steps/select/logs/problems
>>
>> and anothher for Windows
>>
>> https://buildbot.twistedmatrix.com/builders/windows7-64-py2.7/builds/4147/steps/select/logs/problems
>>
>> they talk about 4 errors, but I can only see one.
>>
>> The log is full of non-problem info like skip and todo, so I tried to
>> search for "[ERROR]" string
>
> Failures and errors are always at the end of the log.
>
> Jean-Paul
>> How can I find the other errors?

You see one traceback, but it is responsible for 4 errors - that is, 4 tests produced the same traceback.  You can see all of their names below the traceback; to wit:

twisted.internet.test.test_inotify.TestINotify.test_deleteSelf
twisted.internet.test.test_inotify.TestINotify.test_ignoreFilePath
twisted.internet.test.test_inotify.TestINotify.test_seriesOfWatchAndIgnore
twisted.internet.test.test_inotify.TestINotify.test_simpleDeleteDirectory

-g