[Twisted-Python] Suggested plan for GitHub migration

Glyph Lefkowitz glyph at twistedmatrix.com
Tue Dec 1 18:01:34 MST 2015

> On Dec 1, 2015, at 10:36 AM, Jonathan Lange <jml at mumak.net> wrote:
>
> B.7  Update all wiki documentation to change all references to getting code from Subversion,
>          to getting code from GitHub.
>

> Probably would be a good idea to have a list of such changes *before* the migration.

Yes. Everything should be written up and reviewed beforehand, and

> B.8  Update all systems which used Subversion to use GitHub.  For example, buildbots.
>

> Couldn't we do this before the migration anyway?  At least partly?

Well, I mean... this is "the migration" itself.  So this should happen earlier in the process, particularly earlier than we start committing directly to git?  Much of this work is already done: the buildbots are already getting the source from git, not SVN.

One thing that I'd love to see is a checklist that is kept up-to-date regarding which parts of this have already happened.

-glyph